Monday, September 2, 2013

Settle Yourself in Solitude

"Settle yourself in solitude and you will come upon Him in yourself" Teresa of Avila

I have been a seeker always. I have spent my life searching, reading, studying, asking questions, thinking, and doing any activity that might possibly quench my thirst for God.  I heard many times that It can't be found by seeking, but only seekers find It. It seemed like a frustrating riddle.  Seeking became my obsession. Was I seeking God, Infinite Intelligence, my Higher Power or was I attached to seeking?

The Kingdom of God is within. Luke 17:21  It's already there. We didn't put It there. It's a gift from God. It's our choice to remember It, or not. We have the free will choice. It will not be forced upon us. We can be still and remember the Kingdom of God within. Psalm 46:10.

"Settle yourself in solitude and you will come upon Him in yourself."  Seek first the Kingdom of God. People will say "it is over here" or "it is over there" and as a seeker you run over here and then over there and look over here and then look over there. But we don't need to because we can settle into silence every day for a little while and remember that the Kingdom of God is within. We must each do the work to remember and discover the Secret Place of the Most High God within ourselves.

In quietness and confidence is my strength. Isaiah 30:15.  We all have a free will choice to say yes and remember the Kingdom of God within us. Trust in the Lord with all our heart and lean not on our own understanding. We don't need to know everything. We just need to know enough to settle ourselves in solitude and wait for the Lord.


If you enjoy this blog, please share a link to it with others! Terrie
© Copyright 2013 - http://bodymindandspirit2.blogspot.com/