Sunday, August 18, 2013

Looking Into Infinity

Have you ever held a mirror up to a mirror and looked at the images reflecting each other? Have the images stopped reflecting because our eyes can't see the reflection past a certain point? Does the reflection go on infinitely, just too small to be seen with our eyes? What is infinity? Have you ever pondered it?

Infinity is something I spent a good amount of time pondering when I was a child.  I would try to look down the mirror reflections into infinity. I could only see so far with my eyes, but my imagination would try to see the possible infinite reflections beyond where my eyes could see.

As a child I would imagine my self disappearing into the possibility of infinite reflections of the mirrors, into infinity. I still do that when I meditate. 

As a meditation I focus on my breath. . . breathing in, breathing out.  I ask, Who gives me breath?  Where does my breath come come from? What is allowing me to breathe?  What will take my breath away when my body dies?  I let go and focus on breathing in, breathing out. I can only see so far with my eyes and I can only imagine so much with my mind, but I allow for possibilities.

I found these pictures on the Internet - mirrors reflecting the possibility of Infinity.











 As I let go into meditation I ask, Who am I?  What am I?

 
If you enjoyed this post, please go on and read my post Quieting the Mind in Meditation and Yin Yoga: Surrender and Receptivity of Body, Mind and Spirit. If you enjoy this blog, please share a link to it with others! Thank you, Terrie Harmer

© Copyright 2016 - Terrie Harmer. http://bodymindandspirit2.blogspot.com/